21 Apr 2010

Busy weekend ahead

The weekend of May 15-16 will see me in Glasgow at the Homebuilding & Renovating Scottish show where I will be taking part in three seminars daily, as well as manning the Ask The Experts stand at other times. I know it sounds a little trite, but it is always a pleasure to present in Scotland because the audience is rather different to the English ones we encounter elsewhere, and the projects are often just that little bit more unusual. I particularly like people who are venturing out into the Highlands with dreams of making it all happen far from the madding crowd.

But down at the other end of the country, at the National SelfBuild & Renovation Centre in Swindon, there is another interesting event happening over the same weekend, which is the Affordable Selfbuild Weekend, something I have been banging on about for 15 years now, so an event which has my full support. With the newbuild house market still in disarray after the shenanigans of the credit crunch, it’s good to see that selfbuild in general is still thriving and that this Back-to-Basics style of selfbuild is modish once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment