Green Day update, complete with timings. We have 50 bookings and there are places for a few more, but bookings close on Thursday Nov 30. It's at the new Smartlife training centre, located at the Cambridge Regional College campus. There will be a full day of lectures and demonstrations plus information on grants available for environmental schemes and renewable technologies. The day features:
• Mark Brinkley at 10.15: I’ll be giving a talk about some of the many interesting projects that have gone on around Cambridge over the past thirty years. It’ll give me the chance to go and photograph a few of them. I might even revisit my first house, a detached Victorian brick structure that we externally insulated back in 1980.
• 11.00: Ralph Carpenter, Suffolk architect and hemp building expert
• 11.45: Eithne Flanagan, Sustainable Construction Co-ordinator for Cambridge Sustainable City
• 1.15: Meredith Bowles, award winning green architect and builder of the Prickwillow Black House
• 2.00: Chris Gooding, of Solar Energy Alliance, a reseller and installer of wind turbines and photovoltaics
• 2.45: Jean Roberts from the Energy Savings Trust with information on low energy building techniques and microgeneration grants
The event will run from 10 till 4 with a buffet lunch provided. Cost is £15 per head, payment by cheque only. Places are limited so please book in advance with Smartlife online or on 01223 712238.